Monday, March 5, 2018

TTM Success: Bert Campaneris

I haven't sent out a ton of cards for TTM autographs in the time that I have been collecting because I've never really found a good website to give me the player's addresses as well as any amount of money you have to pay to get them.

My dad, on the other hand, loves TTM autos and sends them out in pretty big groups at least a couple of times a year. One of those times was last month when he sent cards to about 5-7 different players. Today, we got our first signed card back, and it's an awesome card of Bert Campaneris with a perfect blue sharpie signature.

I have to say that I love nearly everything about this card, especially the set it's from. The card is from 1976 Topps and sticks to the A's team colors, green and yellow, on nearly every single part of the card. Not to mention that the All-Star star in the bottom left continues with the 70's and A's theme that the card has. The image is also really cool and is pretty good quality, especially for a 70's card. Many things about this picture stand out to me, but it's the way Campy is holding the bat that makes this card, without a doubt, one of the best cards to get autographed by Campaneris.

This is my 2nd Bert Campaneris autograph in my card collection, which I got just a couple of weeks after pulling my first from 1 pack of 2001 Topps Archives. The cards have pretty big differences (starting with the city that the A's are in on each card), but the signatures look pretty much identical on each card which is impressive. Especially when you consider he signed the 2nd card 17 years after the first. 



2 comments:

  1. Nice, now you have a matching pair! Congrats on the TTM success. That 76 card is sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sportscollectors.net is the best TTM resource on the web. Well worth the $15/year, but with a free membership you can see the past two weeks worth of reported returns.

    ReplyDelete