Wednesday, October 4, 2017

It's Time to Show Off My Favorite Card in My Collection

I've had this blog for about 2 months now and I have gotten around to posting about lots of different cards. Topps Chrome, Panini, Gypsy Queen (a lot of it), as well as some personal favorite cards of mine.

But there's one card I have yet to show. The most valuable and my favorite card in my entire collection.

The card has 4 players and before I show the card I'm going to show you who's on it.

The first player included on the card is Cubs shortstop Addison Russell. He had his first break out season in 2016 and has been a reliable player for Cubs ever since. I chose to show this card of Russell because I absolutely love the image and the quality. I'm also a big fan of 2015 Topps and especially 2015 Topps Chrome as it included some great rookies like the one above.

Cubs 1st baseman Anthony Rizzo was also included on the card and I also chose to show off a shiny card of the 3-time All-Star. Topps Finest is a set I always thought had a lot to offer, but I wish they'd include some retired players. Most other sets made by Topps have retired players especially high-end products so they really should throw a few Hall of Famers in there.

By now I'm sure you can guess that this is an All-Cubs card since the 2016 NL MVP Kris Bryant is included on it. Even though he as well as Rizzo and Russell have regressed a bit since last year, Chicago still won the NL Central. The Cubs still have a really good shot at doing well in the postseason, especially if these 3 can step it up to the level they were at last year.

The final player included on the card is not a current Cub, but Hall of Famer and my favorite Cub of all-time, Billy Williams. Billy played with a lot of energy but was also far more humble than some other players at the time he played. He never got the recognition he deserved playing alongside Ernie Banks and he was okay with that. Williams played so well and became such a fan-favorite that I was very pleased that he was put on this card.

So with these 4 Cubs on one card I bet you're wondering what the card is. I will say that it's from 2017 Topps Heritage. 

Any guesses?

It's none other than the 1/1 patch version of the 2017 Topps Heritage Clubhouse Collection Quad Relic.

When I was opening a box of 2017 Topps Heritage earlier this year with my dad he pulled this card and it instantly overwhelmed, shocked, and amazed me all at the same time. The fact that I went to a card shop in Massachusetts and got this card was nothing short of flabbergasting. Not to mention we got it just 4 months after they broke the curse and won the World Series.

Each player has at least 2 colors on their relic since it's a patch card. The Rizzo and Williams each have 2 colors while the Bryant and Russell each have 3. The normal version is numbered to 10 and when I saw it on eBay it was going for $500. I can't imagine what this could sell for.

But I'll never sell it for the reason that it's so special to me and my dad. We got this card of his favorite team (he grew up near Chicago) and my 2nd favorite team (I'm always a Red Sox fan first) it has some talented current players and a phenomenal retired player in Billy Williams. That and all the reasons I listed before is what makes this my favorite card in my entire collection. 



No comments:

Post a Comment