Sunday, October 15, 2017

The Exclusive Chrome Card Packs

On yesterday's post, I bought a Mega Box of 2017 Bowman and I showed the 50 base cards I got in the 5 base packs. What I didn't show were the 2 exclusive chrome packs.

Each pack contains 5 chrome cards with a refractor pattern, exclusive to the mega boxes. Here are those 2 packs.

Pack 1:

#BCP32 Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
1 card in and these 2 packs are already a success. This card features none other than Vladimir Guerrero Jr, son of 9-time All-Star and future Hall of Famer Vladimir Guerrero. He's been a highly observed prospect for the Blue Jays for all of 2017 and is slowly but surely making his way to the majors.

#BCP130 Adrian Morejon
Yippie! Another Padres player. Please let there be some Padres fan out there who wants to trade.

#BCP68 Alex Speas
I really like the uniform and the hat this player is wearing. A nice photo choice by Topps.

#BCP135 Mickey Moniak

I just can't get over how sick these cards look.

#TPM-LAA (which is not a number but okay Bowman you do you)
I've seen a lot of these Talent Pipeline cards and I'm proud to finally own one. The concept is very unique as it showcases a player on each Minor League team affiliated with the Major League team, in this case, the Angels. This was the first insert of the whole box and I'm okay with that, because of how cool these cards look.

Pack 2:

#BCP134
Baseball cards always find a way to make Twins uniforms look really great.

#BCP145

#BCP33
Braxton Garrett is the only card in these 2 packs that I also got a base card of in the base packs. This card also does the best job with the refractor background. It looks like a big blue, purple, and yellow wave sweeping over the card.

#BCP45
A's cards seem to look great in every set.

Up until this point, I hadn't gotten a numbered card, something Bowman is known for. Then, that all changed.

#BCP107 Purple Parallel /250
Of course, it's a Padre, but I'll still take this purple parallel any day. The dark purple goes well with the all bright refractor and the Padres jersey. I've never heard of Luis Urias before, but the card is still numbered 103/250 so it must have some value. 

After doing some research it turns out he's from Mexico and played for them in the World Baseball Classic. He also played a few games in Triple-A for San Diego this year, so he could make his MLB debut next season.

This is why I've grown to love Bowman, it gives you something to look forward to and gives you the opportunity to analyze baseball at a much higher level. I now have a bunch of prospects whom I'm going to be following and watching next season to see how they perform. Then, if one makes it big I have their prospect card from back in the day.











No comments:

Post a Comment