Saturday, July 28, 2018

Downsizing Part 2

After sending a few cards from my last Downsizing post away via trade, I waited a bit before finding another group of cards to offer up to readers and fellow bloggers if they'd like. Like the last post, I made sure I didn't go crazy and choose a ton of cards to post all at once. Instead, I found 8 cards that I'm looking to send out in the next couple days before I leave for Cleveland next week. 

Especially since I'm going to be bringing home an excessive number of cards when I get back from The National, it's more important than ever for me to sell or trade as many cards away as I can. I already have my Sportlots inventory as a way to clear out some cards. Now I also have the occasional downsizing post which should be able to help me a bit as well. 

While I'm on the topic of The National, I'd like to state that I will still be posting most days while I'm away. The main travel days (Tuesday and Sunday) will be post-free, but you can expect posts on all the other days along with recap posts galore beginning Monday, August 6th and will continue through most of the week. If you guys would like, I can either go in-depth or be a bit briefer. I haven't exactly decided what I'll do, so I'd appreciate some input from the viewers.

In addition to the 2013 Topps Heritage Minor League card above of Javier Baez who is having a marvelous year so far, I have 7 other cards that are all up for grabs on a first-come-first-serve basis. Now, I'll be showing the rest starting with a 1967 card of Blue Moon Odom.

Even though I do, in fact, have a place for vintage Athletics team sets, I happened to already have this card when I bought it at the show a couple months ago. So, this 1967 Topps card of John "Blue Moon" Odom is up for grabs for any A's fans, 1967 Topps collectors, or anybody else this card might appeal to.

The reason for this 1968 Topps George Scott card being here and available for trade is the same reason as to why the Blue Moon Odom card is here. I recall buying this the same day as the Odom card and getting home only to realize I already had it. I sure hope I'm a bit more accurate while buying cards at future shows then I was when I purchased these 2 cards for 50 cents each. 

I'll admit, Whitey Herzog isn't the greatest name you could find in the 2017 Topps Archives set. With that being said, the gold Winner variations in the 1992 portion of the set were a pretty tough pull and typically go for a decent amount of money online. If there are any Royals fans out there that are interested in this card, I'd be more than happy to send it your way. 

Although I really do like Aroldis Chapman and recognize how big he was for the 2016 World Champion Cubs team, I don't have enough cards of him, to my knowledge, to form a player collection. Therefore, his 2011 Topps rookie card from his days with the Cincinnati Reds is officially up for grabs. For now, anyway. 

My 2018 Topps Stadium Club purchases yielded a couple inserts that are definitely pretty cool but aren't of players that I necessarily collect, or actively pursue. Khris Davis has been swinging one of the hottest bats in baseball since coming back from the All-Star break. His 6 home runs in a 6 game span show why he made it to the Power Zone insert set in 2018 Stadium Club.

I have personally made it my mission to not add a single card of Giancarlo Stanton on the Yankees to my player collection of him. My overall goal is to have it remain solely Marlins cards. The cards I've pulled so far have been listed on Sportlots. The Special Forces insert of Stanton from 2018 Topps Stadium Club will likely join them if no one decides to ask for it here.

Finally, I have a 1969 Topps Deckle Edge card of Rusty Staub that shows him on Houston. In reality, 1969 was Staub's first of 4 seasons spent with the Montreal Expos expansion team that he became a fan-favorite on. After leaving Montreal, Staub went on to play the majority of the rest of his career for the Mets and Tigers.

Once again, if there were any cards here that appealed to you at all, leave a comment below. I'll try to sort things out and send out the package over the next couple days before I leave Tuesday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment