Saturday, October 13, 2018

A Quick 2-Card Twitter Package

Back when I received my first ever Twitter trade package earlier this week, I had intended to also show off a smaller package that I had claimed around the same time. 

Another Twitter user who I've since followed pretty closely since making this trade, I claimed a couple cards from Baseball Card Addict Jenny from a $1 per card lot she had posted a few weeks ago. This small purchase allowed me to gain access to yet another Twitter user who I'm in the process of completing another purchase with that will be finalized in the next few days.

As for these 2-cards, they came from a lot that had already been up for a couple hours by the time I got to it. Therefore, many of the cards I was looking to claim had already been taken by other collectors. However, this didn't stop me from getting my hands on this beautiful X-Fractor from 2013 Topps Finest of former White Sox ace, Chris Sale.

Not only is 2013 Finest one of my favorite Finest sets in recent years along with 2014 and 2016, but the throwback uniform Sale is also wearing adds to the uniqueness of this card. I'm not entirely sure if it's the same jersey he cut up years later in an event that eventually became a scandal, but it's an absolutely terrific card regardless, especially considering how fantastic it looks as an X-Fractor.

Similarly, the 2nd card is also from Topps Finest, though this is a Prism refractor and not an X-Fractor like Sale. With that being said, both of the parallels styles have their own plus sides, and one of my favorite things about this 2015 Topps Finest Anthony Rizzo card is the way the Prism refractor looks in contrast to the classic Cubs home uniform in the "modern art" Topps Finest set from 2015.

Another special thing about this Rizzo card is that when I updated the inventory, it turns out this card is my 70th total card of Anthony Rizzo, establishing him as one of my largest active-player PCs along with Joey Votto, Andrew McCutchen, Adam Jones, and Buster Posey. Keep in mind, Rizzo made his debut in 2011 and although he had over 300 at-bats in 2012, he didn't start playing full seasons in 2013, meaning he's already been able to reach 70+ cards by only playing for around 6 seasons.

I know this was a pretty quick post, but I really wanted to be able to demonstrate how buying from the right people on Twitter can lead to some fantastic cards for even better prices. If you haven't considered it yet, trust me, Twitter cards are definitely worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment