Wednesday, September 20, 2017

My Next Step in Red Sox Collecting

As most of you know by now I'm a die-hard Red Sox fan. I have more Red Sox cards than cards of any other team and therefore I have built player collections of some of my favorite Red Sox.

But the next step for me is to get into team collecting. I've never collected Red Sox team sets, but I know that many collectors collect this way and I figured I need to give it a shot.

I'm going to start with just team sets from the 2010's. I'll be working on the list later and putting it on up as a new page on my blog. It will be a want list separate from my regular want list, so if you want to see if you have any Red Sox cards to trade me you can check that list.

My one problem with this is that I collect quite a few current Red Sox players that are featured in sets as well as retired players. Player collections are the highlight of my entire card collection, so I don't know if I want to take those from my player collections or not.

So far I've separated the cards of Red Sox I don't collect. This means a whole lot of David Price and Brian Johnson.

Like I said a WHOLE LOT of Brian Johnson. I think he can be a good starter even in the postseason if the Red Sox would give the poor guy a chance.

And even if I decide to leave my player collections alone, any new cards I acquire from team sets I'm going to build will not go to player shrines, even if I collect that player. Instead, I will put these cards towards the building the team set.

If anyone has advice on if I should take apart my player collections or not please leave a comment below. I'm kind of indecisive right now so any help would be appreciated. 

And before you ask yes I know about team collecting. I know what I'm getting myself into. 





1 comment:

  1. Team collecting is a fun way to go. I'm a Bosox collector myself.

    ReplyDelete