Friday, September 15, 2017

Yes These Are Actually Purple

In a post a few days ago I stated that my new goal for collecting is to obtain one of each 2017 Topps Heritage Purple Refractor. I chose these because even though I only had 3 at the time I figured since they weren't numbered that they would be easier to find and cheaper to collect.

Like I said I only had 3, but I obtained 6 more via COMC with the remaining balance of $7.12 I had from Paypal.

Since flat rate shipping was $3.99 that limited what I could get. I decided to go quantity over quality and pick up the cheaper players for roughly .40 cents a card.

Ryan Braun is definitely a player whose stock has fallen drastically since proof came out that he used steroids. However, that shouldn't take away from this card especially with the nice background (despite blue skies being in practically EVERY HERITAGE CARD THIS YEAR). Seriously Topps think of something else, please.

Even though they're in a place to win the wild card Rockies refractors were notoriously cheaper than most other teams. I was able to get Story.

And Carlos Gonzalez for a very good price. Yes, I know that all of the images you've seen don't look very purple but in reality, they are. The cards actually have the purple refractor on the border while the image is your more standard chrome, and the team name is left alone.

But my personal favorite card I got is coming up now.

The Urias card stood out to me among all other cards from this year's Heritage. Between the bright All-Star Rookie symbol, the glasses, and him holding the ball. It just has so many different factors that help it stand out, and since it was around the same price as the others I knew I had to choose this one.

So with that my total is up to 9 purple refractors. Please don't hesitate to offer any others that you'd like to trade. You can see which ones I need along with my email and the rest of my want list on my want list page at the top of the screen. I know I'm a while away from completing this, but that's part of the fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment