Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Better Late Than Never

About 1 year ago I sent a card to 12-time All-Star 3rd baseman Wade Boggs in hopes of getting it autographed. He's not only one of my favorite Red Sox players ever, but one of my favorite players of all-time because of his superb hitting ability and the fact that he was a multi-tool player. However, I did send the card out a while ago and mainly forgot about it. That is until I got the card back in the mail today that was autographed by Wade Boggs that made it all worth it.

The card I sent him was from 2002 Fleer Greats of the Game because I had more than one of the card. And since I hadn't always had good luck with autographs through the mail, I decided to play it safe. The card is quite gorgeous and Boggs' signature looks fantastic. I also appreciate how he, along with many other athletes are signing with a blue sharpie. It really makes a huge difference for autographs and helps them stand out a lot more.

I was thrilled to get this card back in the mail, but this wasn't my first time sending a card to Boggs. After all, he is a favorite of mine.

The other card I sent to him was years ago when I sent Boggs a 2013 Topps Gypsy Queen card, my favorite card I had of him at the time. The fantastic photo of 9-time Silver Slugger is what made me choose to send this card out to him all those years ago. This one came back a bit quicker with the same awesome signature on the card. I love these cards so much that I really wouldn't be opposed to trying to get maybe 1 more autograph of Wade Boggs. So much so that I wouldn't really care if it took another year, because that's what's so great about TTM autographs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment