Monday, January 22, 2018

Some New Jackie Bradley Jr. Cards

Recently, I have chosen to begin a super collection for Craig Kimbrel, who is one of my favorite current Red Sox players. I've been acquiring cards of Kimbrel recently to try to add to what I call the Kimbrel Collection. While talking to my dad about this idea, he instantly stated how interesting a fun a super collection sounded and told me he wanted to start one. So I told him to think about who that would be for, and my dad chose Jackie Bradley Jr.

Bradley, like Kimbrel, was a player my dad and I collected before deciding to super collect both of them, so we had a fair amount of Jackie Bradley cards to start that included some that we got at the last baseball card show we went too. The ones I'm showing here are cards my dad decided to buy in the first few days of January to kick-start the super collection.

He decided on a few Bradley's that were available for a good price on COMC. This included a really nice looking Now & Then insert from 2016 Topps Heritage High Number. I was surprised and impressed that Topps was able to issue this card of JBJ's 29-game hitting streak considering it ended at the end of May. I really like this card a lot, especially the blue and orange banner along the left side and bottom of the card.

I never opened a single pack of 2017 Topps Bunt, something I still regret when I look at the aspects of the set they improved from 2016 like the Bunt Programs inserts. Bradley isn't usually represented in insert sets by Topps or Panini, so I was surprised and pleased to see him on the checklist and to add this card to the Bradley player collection. 

I went all the way back to the oldest card of Jackie Bradley listed on COMC, and that was his 2010 Bowman Platinum prospect card from when he was on the USA Baseball collegiate team at the age of 20. I have to say that it looks a little weird to see Bradley in anything but a Red Sox jersey, but the uniform does look nice, and I'm definitely a fan of Bowman Platinum and the card itself, so I don't let the fact he's not in a Sox jersey bother me.

Another card that my dad bought was Bradley's first Bowman card for just 50 cents. He chose it before I got him the graded version a week ago at the show, but I certainly don't mind. After all, it is one of my favorite Jackie Bradley Jr. cards. 

And the final and greatest card that he chose was none other than a 2017 Triple Threads relic that's numbered 11/18. This scarcely numbered emerald parallel was available for just $3, which is absolutely unbelievable. My dad and I were stunned to see a high-end relic of Bradley for such a good price, so we decided right away to buy it. And, it's a jumbo relic which is far bigger than what you usually see on a card.

My dad and I both love Bradley's defensive ability which is why he chose to start super collecting Bradley with me. Who knows, maybe Bradley could go on to be one of the best defensive players ever. That is if he doesn't get robbed of a Gold Glove nominee, again. 







No comments:

Post a Comment