Friday, February 16, 2018

A 1-Card Package For the Kimbrel Collection

After pulling Kimbrel's base card from my 2nd blaster of 2018 Series 1, I decided to take a look online and see what else was available for 2018 Kimbrel cards. Sportlots had about 5 different Kimbrel's from Series 1 listed on their site just over a week ago when I pulled the trigger on that 5 card order for the Kimbrel Collection. The first of those 5 cards arrived today. 

This is the black parallel version of the 1983 insert card. I'm glad to see that black parallels are becoming more common since they were usually used just for 1/1 cards until last year or so. I pretty much knew what to expect on this card because I had seen the base insert version on a blog a couple of weeks ago. In the picture shown, he is seen making his way from the bullpen to the mound during one of his home games at Fenway last season.

The card is also numbered 210/299 on the back, which makes me like the card even more. I paid just $2 for this card on Sportlots, which I think is an incredible deal considering that it's numbered to a relatively low amount. It also includes his full stat line dating back to his 2010 debut as well as noting 3 separate star performances from the 2017 season. 

This new addition brings my Kimbrel Collection total to 93 different cards, meaning I'm on the path to 100. I consider this a very good accomplishment considering I began super-collecting Kimbrel at the beginning of the year. And with another package expected soon, and a baseball card show on Monday, I think I'll be at 100 cards within the next few days. 


No comments:

Post a Comment