Saturday, March 3, 2018

2018 Topps Heritage: Where to go From Here


I am currently writing this post while most of where I live is experiencing a power outage. We’ve been without power for over a day now and it doesn’t look like we’ll be getting it back until at least tomorrow afternoon. This means I’m writing the post from my phone which I’m fine with because I really wanted to get a post out today and not miss yet another day of posting. 

Since Topps Heritage is still fresh in my mind as well as the minds of many collectors, I’ve decided to dedicate this post to reviewing how I plan to collect 2018 Topps Heritage going forward.



I have decided that for the 3rd year in a row, I’m going to seriously collect Topps Heritage. It’s my favorite set and the only set that I collect year after year. I plan on getting the base set from a dealer at the card show and collecting the SPs and inserts going forward. The set I’m looking to build would have all the base cards along with the SPs and the 5 insert sets (Baseball Flashbacks, News Flashbacks, Decker Edge, New Age Performers, and Then & Now.


Topps Heritage is undoubtedly a tough set to collect, especially since Topps raised the number of SPs from 75 to 100 last year. However, the inserts are usually relatively easy to find online for a good price. The SPs are where I’ve fallen short in the past so I might have to change the way I buy them in order to obtain all 100 needed to complete the Master Set. This could include a balance of buying them at the show, online, and if I’m lucky enough, pulling them in packs.


And while Topps Heritage is definitely a difficult set to collect, it’s also one that’s pretty fun to collect as well. Variations such as nicknames, action-variation, and magenta backs are just some of the dozens of possibilities of rare cards that you can pull from packs or buy online. It’s part of what makes Heritage so unique, and what inspires me to buy it in the first place, year after year.



3 comments:

  1. Unless you're anal about getting it sooner rather than later, I'm sure all us blogging buddies can help you out with the base set. Seems like we're opening enough of it that you'd be able to trade for most of the base set. Probably would save you all that money...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will go through with that. I already have a pretty decent amount of Heritage and while it would take a bit longer, it's certainly worth it in the long run.

      Delete
  2. Topps did a great job with the subset cards, but I bought so many 2017 Heritage cards that I'm fatigued from seeing the same base background 500 times.

    ReplyDelete