Sunday, March 18, 2018

Introducing The Trade Center

Up until a little over a month ago, I had never attempted to sell any cards from my collection. There have always been a few reasons for this. 1. I didn't know where to start. 2. I didn't know how easy it was to sell on Sportlots. 3. The cards weren't taking up all that much space (something I think every collector tries to say).

Finally, at the beginning of February, I began to notice that cards were occupying nearly every room in the house. Stacks were placed anywhere and everywhere, including cards I didn't need and couldn't sell very easily due to me being a new seller on Sportlots.

Therefore, I decided to start a new page on the blog called The Trade Center. The idea behind this is that there's going to be a page on this blog near my want list and other pages which will be a gallery full of cards available for trade. It will include a picture of the card as well as what the card itself is. There are many cards I will be listing on The Trade Center, including cards I have doubles of like these 2017 Topps Heritage New Age Performers of Danny Duffy. These are going for .18 cents each on Sportlots, making it hard for me as a new seller to sell them. Plus, lots of people collect Heritage so I'm sure someone out there needs one.

Other cards listed in The Trade Center will include cards I pulled in packs that I don't personally need but could seem desirable to other collectors. My stacks of cards from 2016 and 2017 are getting enormous and I seriously need to downsize them very soon.

It's also very easy to claim a card listed in The Trade Center. All you have to do is let me know which card or cards you want by leaving a comment. You can claim anywhere from 1 card to every single card listed. All I ask in return is you send me cards from my want list or cards of players I collect. Just send me whatever you think is fair, although I do ask for at least 1 or 2 cards in return for what you claim.

I'm going to start creating and listing cards on The Trade Center as they days progress so make sure to keep your eyes open for it. You can definitely expect the cards you see on this post to be listed as well as other cards that I find. Many different cards will be available, from doubles in sets that I'm building to players I don't collect (yet) like Baez and Lowell.

I'll also be listing cards of players like Tony Gwynn and Roberto Alomar to help persuade even more viewers to claim cards from The Trade Center. I know both of these guys are collected by quite a few bloggers, so I'm confident I'd be able to trade them relatively soon. I'm certainly excited to see what else I can find to list in The Trade Center because I'll be able to accomplish 2 things at once. Not only will I be able to make a trade that benefits multiple people, but I'll also be able to, slowly but surely, downsize my collection. After all, it really needs to be done after collecting without selling for over a decade. 





No comments:

Post a Comment