Friday, September 29, 2017

Mail From Topps


Earlier this month I opened some 2017 Topps Heritage High Number retail packs and was very surprised to pull a redemption for a real one autograph in one of the packs

Autographs in Heritage are hard to get, let alone retail. So I was happy to redeem this card.

I've heard that there can be a long wait time to get your redemptions from Topps which is why I was surprised to see a package from them in the mail today.

Topps always includes an extra autograph or some kind of card like that in along with the redemption card, for they never know how long it may take. I was lucky to get mine in less than 2 weeks, but some are forced to wait months or even years.

I had never heard of Matt Dominguez before. My guess is that he was a redemption card that never got redeemed, so the card was included as an extra card with the actual redemption. I don't mind the card solely because it's an Autographed Relic and I don't have that many of those in my collection.

And here's the card I actually redeemed, the one I've been waiting for.

Christain Arroyo isn't as highly thought of as some prospects, but he's often mentioned by people who know their stuff. The position on the card says shortstop, but he's become more of a 3rd baseman for the Giants which is one of the tougher positions in baseball. 


He got injured in August and was declared out for the year after hitting below .200, but he's only 22 years old. I have some faith in this guy since he's pretty well thought of and that he could become an All-Star caliber player. It just might take a few years.



No comments:

Post a Comment