Saturday, September 23, 2017

The Red Sox Team Set Want List is Up

I have been working diligently over the last few days to create a start to my Red Sox team set want list.

I began with a few basic rules for myself to follow. 1. No taking from player collections unless I have more than one of that card. 2. Start with only the 2010's. 3. You must have at least 2 base cards from that set to include it on the list.

The sets on the list range from 2011-2017. There is no set from 2013 yet because I don't have many cards from that year. Once I'm able to finalize the 2010's then I will move on to the 2000's and eventually all the way back to the 50's. 

A fun part about making this list is that I got to see some names on the card that I hadn't seen in years. Does Daniel Bard, Ryan Kalish, Felix Doubrant, and Ryan Lavarnway ring a bell to any Sox fans out there? It feels like these guys were supposed to be the next big thing decades ago, but in reality, it was only 4-6 years ago.

The whole point of doing this was to improve my Red Sox collection. I've been collecting and rooting for the Red Sox since I was 3 and by doing this I am able to keep up with each team from each year and see how the franchise evolved.

There are going to be a few exceptions to this list. When I acquire new cards from the list it is up to me to either put them in the team set or in player collections if I collect that player. The decisions will be difficult, but I know I have to eventually prioritize one over the other. I just don't know which one yet.

There will also be a few exceptions to the list. No 2015 Topps or inserts, no 2016 Heritage SP's or inserts, no 2017 Heritage SP's or inserts, and no 2017 Series 1 inserts. These are all sets that I am pursuing as a whole, not as just a team set, so if you have any of these to trade the best place to look for what I need is my general want list.

But overall this is going to be a new experience in card collecting for me. I've never team collected before and I'm excited about the challenges, triumphs, spectacular, and lackluster moments. After all, it's all about the cards. 

If you have any Red Sox cards you think I may need please check out my Red Sox Team Set Want List at the top of the page. I hope you will join me on this crazy journey. 






No comments:

Post a Comment