Saturday, September 1, 2018

Downsizing Part 3; The Best One Yet

Now so, probably more than ever, I'm in serious need of downsizing my card collection.

Not only am I in the process of taking major steps towards organizing my collection, both physically and through online spreadsheets but it also seems like cards are showing up every day, and I'm stuck trying to find a place to put them.

With all the cards that I'm in the process of organizing, there are some pretty nice cards that I simply do not have an immediate place for. So, that's where this 3rd downsizing post will come in.

As always, if you see any cards in this post that you'd like to acquire, whether it be by trade or purchasing the cards, please let me know. So far, I've been able to complete a trade or 2 to downsize my collection piece by piece while also adding new cards that I'm able to put away basically right away. 

If there are any 2018 Topps Heritage collectors out there, I have some cards that might appeal to you. You'll see what I have for inserts next, but I also have 2 extra SPs, Carlos Gonzalez, and Brandon Drury. Just in case you're checking by card number rather than player name, the Gonzalez is #412 while the Drury is #419.

When it comes to inserts, I happen to have 4 extra News Flashbacks cards courtesy of the booth that I filled the 80-count box at for $50. There were some News Flashbacks that I ended up needing, but these 4 turned out to be ones that I already had. Since they're relatively tough pulls, I figured I'd show them here if, by any chance, anyone else needs them. 

I also, somehow, ended up with insert doubles from 2018 Topps Chrome. I guess between the 2 blasters and 1 hobby box, I doubled up on some of the cards. So, if anyone is in need of a Trey Mancini Future Stars or Dominic Smith 1983, these 2 are available...

and so is the Mike Trout 1983 chrome insert. Indeed, 3 of the inserts I pulled were insert cards that I already have. Because Mike Trout is such a big name, I figured this card would be better if it benefited someone trying to complete the set or a major Mike Trout collector rather than someone who collects Trout but not at such a high level.

The Babe Ruth mini from the top of this post is also available for trade or for sale. Also, since the mini is an A&G back, I'm sure it'll attract a bit more attention from Yankees fans and Allen & Ginter collectors alike.

The Dueling Duos relics from 2002 Fleer Greats aren't exactly my favorite relic cards, which is why I'm listing this Robin Yount bat relic here. I never really got why they decided to only 1 relic on a card with 2 players. It seems more practical to stick primarily to dual-relics in this set.

Finally, we have one of these Home Run Challenge code cards. I pulled one of Bryce Harper earlier this year and used it for opening day due to how well he's done on opening day games in the past. Then, the game got rained out and their policy stated I could not use the card again. Needless to say, I wasn't too crazy about these from this point on.

However, there's a month left in the year to use this un-scratched Aaron Judge Home Run Challenge code card, so if anyone wants to test their luck and hope the game isn't rained out, be my guest. I also have an unscratched card of Mike Napoli, come to think of it, if anyone's interested.

If you'd like to trade for or purchase any of the cards above, leave a comment and let me know. I'd be glad to figure out a trade in the next few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment