Wednesday, September 26, 2018

My 100-Card Player Collections

I've spent many of my collecting years focusing on player collections with them being my primary focus over the last 4 years or so. In addition to being the pride of my collection, they include some of my most valuable cards, make up a great deal of my entire card collection, and have seen rapid growth over the last few years.

As a result, I decided to inventory all of my player collections a couple months ago with a simple goal of knowing the total of each PC at any time and knowing what cards I have for when I'm buying online or trading with fellow bloggers or viewers. 

A couple of weeks ago, I finished cataloging all the player collections and needless to say, it was quite an accomplishment. The list of players I collect certainly isn't small, so it's no wonder it took so long. Anyway, with the inventory complete, all that I have to do from now on is constantly update the player collections as I purchase new cards which won't be a problem whatsoever. 

Most importantly, with the inventory complete and official, I can finally turn my attention towards a post I've wanted to do forever, but not until the numbers were official. A post containing all my player collections that have reached the 100-card milestone, starting with the ones that only recently made it in and working our way up to the heavy hitters that surpassed this number a while ago.

I present to you what I have been working towards for months now. My 100-card player collections in a complete list.

Mike Schmidt; 102 cards

Tom Glavine; 102 cards

Brooks Robinson; 103 cards

Joey Votto; 105 cards
Hank Aaron; 107 cards

Cal Ripken Jr.; 112 cards

Craig Kimbrel; 113 cards

Carl Yastrzemski; 114 cards

Hanley Ramirez; 116 cards

Carlton Fisk; 117 cards

Ivan Rodriguez; 120 cards

Alex Rodriguez; 127 cards

George Brett; 127 cards

Chipper Jones; 128 cards

Reggie Jackson; 128 cards

Johnny Bench; 129 cards

Albert Pujols; 130 cards

Roger Clemens; 134 cards

Ichiro; 152 cards

Wade Boggs; 152 cards

Andre Dawson; 155 cards

Babe Ruth; 157 cards

Randy Johnson; 160 cards

Vladimir Guerrero; 163 cards

Ryne Sandberg; 164 cards

Ken Griffey Jr.; 166 cards

Pedro Martinez; 168 cards

Rickey Henderson; 181 cards

David Ortiz; 188 cards

Greg Maddux; 219 cards

Manny Ramirez; 224 cards

Nolan Ryan; 441 cards
Wow, that sure went on for way longer than I originally thought it would.

In case you didn't count all of them, the grand total of 100-card player collections is 32. That's right, 32 different players that have crossed that milestone, proving that they are at the very top of my player collection tiers with Nolan Ryan, Manny Ramirez, and Greg Maddux earning the spots at the very top by being my only 3 200-card player collections. Not to mention the fact that Nolan Ryan truly dominated with 441 total cards.

Of the 32 names, certain ones definitely stuck out to me. Joey Votto is the only current player on the list though Ichiro did cross the 100-card milestone before retiring. Babe Ruth was another surprising name, but that's likely due to the blaster of 2016 Leaf Babe Ruth Collection I purchased that delivered 100 cards of The Bambino.

More so than anything, I'm proud of this list. These 32 players are some of my favorites to ever play the game, and clearly, my favorite players to collect as well. Considering that PC's make up a lot of my collection and are what I'm mainly focused on nowadays, it definitely feels good to have such a superb group of players at the 100-card mark.

4 comments:

  1. Lots of HOF players in that group!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There definitely are. Even though I try to build up modern PC totals, it's the Hall of Famers that take most of the spots.

      Delete
  2. Wow. Didn't know you were a big Nolan collector. He was so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He really was unbelievable. A good deal of these cards are from special Nolan Ryan sets like the 1991 Pacific set and the 1992 Donruss box set. Otherwise, his total wouldn't be at 441.

    ReplyDelete