Monday, October 9, 2017

2 Years in a Row

For the second year in a row, the Boston Red Sox were eliminated in the ALDS in games that I was able to witness.

I'm not going to go in depth about their performance as I will save that for posts later this week where I assess the performance throughout the season of most of their players. I'll I will say is that John Farrell has really let us down, and possibly for the last time. A team with the salary cap as great as the Red Sox should be a lot better than they are. They had all the pieces, but they choked in the postseason.

When I think back to all the great moments of the year like Christian Vazquez's walk-off home run, many spectacular catches by Jackie Bradley Jr. and today's inside the park home run by Rafael Devers, it gives me hope for next season.

But then I think about Sale's second-half struggles, Rick Porcello giving up 38 home runs, and Sandy Leon hitting .225 and I wonder if this team really has what it takes to make it past the ALDS.

I'm not sure about what the future may hold for the Sox. All I know is that they have changes to be made until they play again on March 29th.

Only 170 days away.

No comments:

Post a Comment